Friday, February 25, 2011

Green Beans and Tomatoes

I have pretty much already covered this in my vegetables made easy post but want to remind everyone how easy it is to make excellent vegetable side dishes.  It goes like this.  Take your green beans and cut of the ends.  I bunch them up and cut about 10 at a time so it doesn't take forever.  Wash the beans.  Put them in a skillet.  Cut up tomatoes.  I used grape tomatoes here because I had some about to go bad.  You could just as well use diced or cubed tomatoes or even some out of the can.  Put the tomatoes in the skillet.  Add about a 1/2 inch of water the skillet.  Add about half a cup of olive oil to the water.  Season with kosher slat and course pepper.  Cover and turn on high.  When the water is boiling remove the top and let the water reduce out until the vegetables are at the desired texture.





No comments:

Post a Comment